Following a vegan diet shouldn’t be difficult these days. Many shops cater to all kinds of customers, including vegans. Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar, with over 40 locations, is on a mission to give just what every customer is looking for. This article will talk about the options vegans like you have on their menu.
Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar serves juices, smoothies, wrap sandwiches, salads, and wheatgrass. Each of the items on the menu includes fruits or vegetables, which makes each serving healthy. Not everything in the store is vegan-friendly. However, you can personalize your order and tailor-make it for your vegan diet.
It is possible to make a mistake in choosing the perfect combination of ingredients. So, to help you stick to your vegan diet, read on for a guide to Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar’s menu.
Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar offers smoothies in seven categories and different sizes. To enhance the creaminess in each cup, the store adds something from the selection of honey, yogurt, orange sherbet, raspberry sherbet, and pineapple sorbet. Sorbet is made from two main ingredients, fruit and sugar. Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar confirmed their pineapple sorbet is vegan. Though it is far from being equivalent to ice cream, sherbet, as defined by FDA, is something that contains 1-2% of milkfat, so you should avoid it.
To help you decide on what to order, including what size to choose, check the complete nutritional information of each product.
There are nine choices, and all have either or both sherbet or yogurt so nothing from the list is vegan. However, the store gives you the freedom to personalize your order. Be sure to stay away from honey, yogurt, and sherbet. You can have pineapple sorbet as a substitute for them. You can relax because their pineapple sorbet is confirmed to be vegan. Take a look at the list and see if something looks delicious for you.
• Strawberry Banana (strawberry juice, pineapple juice, bananas, strawberries, yogurt)
• Blueberry Dream (apple juice, strawberry juice, blueberries, bananas, orange sherbet)
• Raspberry Harmony (apple juice, raspberries, bananas, raspberry sherbet)
• Anna Banana (guava juice, pineapple juice, bananas, honey, yogurt)
• Cranberry Fix (cranberry juice, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, raspberry sherbet, yogurt)
• Peach Beach (apple juice, peaches, bananas, orange sherbet, yogurt)
• Strawberry Extreme (strawberry juice, strawberries, pineapple sorbet, yogurt)
• Three Berry (strawberry juice, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, raspberry sherbet)
• Pulp Swirl (apple juice, blueberries, peaches, orange sherbet, raspberry sherbet)
If you’re a big fan of tropical fruits, you must go for any of these. Out of six choices, only one is vegan. So, remember to tell the staff to exclude sherbet from your order.
• Pulp Passion (passionfruit-mango juice, pineapple juice, strawberries, peaches, orange sherbet)
• Tropical Blast (papaya juice, pineapple juice, strawberries, bananas, orange sherbet, pineapple sorbet)
• Mango Tango (papaya juice, passion-fruit juice, mangos, orange sherbet)
• Island Cruiser (passionfruit-mango juice, bananas, mangos, orange sherbet)
• Pulp-Coolada (pineapple juice, bananas, coconut, pineapple sorbet)
• Elite Eight (strawberry juice, pineapple juice, strawberries, peaches, mangos, orange sherbet)
• Orange Chill (fresh-squeezed orange juice, bananas, mangos, peaches, orange sherbet, yogurt)
• Citrus Berry (fresh-squeezed orange juice, cranberry juice, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, raspberry sherbet, yogurt)
• Samma Jamma (fresh-squeezed orange juice, strawberries, bananas, orange sherbet, yogurt)
Premium Blend Smoothies
• Strawberry Basil w/ Chia (strawberry and guava juices, strawberries, fresh basil, lime squeeze, chia seeds)
• Orange Ginger Elixir (freshly-squeezed orange, carrot, ginger and lemon, pineapple sorbet, mangos, turmeric)
• Smooth Avocado (freshly-squeezed orange juice, hass avocado, mangos, bananas, lime squeeze, pineapple sorbet, honey, kale)
• Ultimate Acai (premium organic acai, strawberry juice, mangos, blueberries, yogurt, chia seeds)
High Energy Smoothies
• Mango Bomb (choice of regular or sugar-free red bull, mangos, peaches, orange sherbet)
• Pulp Fusion (choice of regular or sugar-free red bull, strawberries, bananas, orange sherbet)
• Raging Berry (choice of regular or sugar-free red bull, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, raspberry sherbet)
• Guava Burner (guava juice, mangos, strawberries, bananas, orange sherbet with fat burner and fiber blend enhancers)
• Cram Session (fresh-squeezed orange juice, bananas, strawberries, peaches, orange sherbet, yogurt with energy and smart blend enhancers)
• Protein Packer (40 Grams of Protein) (soy milk, peanut butter, chocolate, bananas, yogurt with whey and soy protein)
• Green Tea Smoothie (premium matcha green tea, soy milk, and yogurt)
• Hangover Relief (apple juice, peaches, bananas, orange sherbet with energy and hangover relief enhancers)
Veggie ‘N’ Greens Smoothies
• Kale Ka-Pow (pineapple juice, kale, mangos, strawberries with their greens blend)
• Carroty Chop (orange juice, carrots, mangos, peaches, yogurt)
• Beet Bada-Boom (strawberry juice, beet, strawberries, blueberries)
• Matcha Match (almond milk, matcha green tea, kale, bananas, yogurt with their greens blend)
For every smoothie you order, you get one free pulp enhancer and add more enhancers for $.50 each. The twelve different enhancers are all vegan but be careful as these are not served to pregnant or lactating women. Also, those with medical conditions should consult a physician before using any of the enhancers. Please check Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar’s Pulp Enhancers for the complete list of ingredients.
|Pulp Enhancer||Per Scoop||Nutritional Information||Dairy-Free||Soy-Free||Kosher||Halal||Vegan||Non-GMO Ingredients||Gluten-Free Ingredients|
|Energy||5 g||Energy: 20 Cal.Carbohydrates:5g||✔||✔||✔|
|Fiber||5 g||Energy: 20 Cal.Carbohydrates:4g||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Fat Burner||5.4g||Energy: 20 Cal.Carbohydrates:5g||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Smart Blend||4.8g||Energy: 20 Cal.Carbohydrates:4g||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Immunity||4.7g||Energy: 15 Cal.Carbohydrates:4gVitamin C: 120mgZinc: 15mg||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Hangover Relief||4g||Energy: 15 Cal.Carbohydrates:4g||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Vitamin(A,C,D,K,B1,B2,B3,B6,B12,Biotin Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Maltodextrine||6g||Energy: 15 Cal.Carbohydrates:4g||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Soy Protein||5.7g||Energy: 20 Cal.Protein: 5gCalcium: 20mgIron: 1mgSodium: 15mg||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Probiotic||5g||Energy: 19 Cal.Carbohydrates:5g||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Whey Protein||12g||Energy: 45 Cal.Cholesterol: 15gCarbohydrates:5gProtein: 10gSodium: 15mg||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Stress Relief||4.8g||Energy: 20 Cal.Carbohydrates:4g||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Pea Protein||6g||Energy: 30 Cal.Total Fat: 0.05Protein: 6gSodium: 120mg||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
There are three bases to choose from: apple, carrot, and orange. Then choose two more from the selection of kale, lemon, lime, ginger, celery, cucumber, beet, apple, carrot, and orange. If you’d like to add more, you can do that at $.50 each.
This is a simple blend of freshly juiced apples and lemon. You can also add kale for $.50.
A mineral-rich shot packed with detoxifying benefits, enhancing overall well-being.
Freshly-juiced ginger and lemon have immune-boosting properties. This reduces inflammation while increasing energy and focus. Choose a cayenne or turmeric topper for an extra boost!
Stay away from their wraps because nothing is vegan. But don’t despair because you can definitely enjoy their popular acai bowls!
There are two choices but forget about the other one as it contains honey and yogurt.
• The “Original” Acai Bowl (organic acai, fresh banana, and granola (add peanut butter or blueberries for $.50)
Each bowl includes 3 toppings of your choice. Be wary of Avocado Bowl as it contains honey.
• Dragonfruit Bowl (dragonfruit, raspberries, mangos, almond milk, strawberry juice)
• Acai Blended Bowl (organic acai, mangos, blueberries, strawberries, almond milk, strawberry juice)
• Avocado Bowl (hass avocado, mango, bananas, pineapple sorbet, honey, soy milk)
Toppings you can choose from:
• cacao nibs
• chia seed
• peanut butter
Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar has only Green Salad; however, you’d have to tell the staff not to put cheese and dressing on it to make it vegan.
Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar admits to not being allergy-friendly. All food and beverage are prepared in a shared environment which may cause exposure to known food allergens like peanuts, wheat, soy, dairy, and others. Though the store will make sure the ingredient of concern is not directly used to make your product, they don’t deny the possibility that trace amounts of that ingredient could be present in your product.
Since Thom Knepp, the owner of Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar, opened its first store in 2005, it has grown into as big as 40+ locations. The number of its satisfied customers is also growing. It is a good place not only for vegans but also for people whose religion is either Judaism or Islam.
Knowing what vegan options they offer and honestly telling the staff what you want and don’t want to have in your product will make you a happy customer when you leave the store.
Restaurants and bar kitchens can be messy and vegan food might get contaminated with non-vegan products. Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar doesn’t give 100% assurance of ZERO contamination on their ingredients. So, when you visit Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar, make sure to mention you’re a vegan and whether you’re allergic to anything.
All in all, Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar can be a nice place whether you come here alone or with friends and family, including kids and vegans. It might also interest you to know that everything they offer is ZERO trans fat.