Good times. That’s what Wild Wing Cafe promises as soon as you set foot in one of their locations in the United States. However, if you’re vegan, what options can they offer to make you stay longer, or to keep you coming back?
The majority of Wild Wing Cafe’s food offerings are meat, with dairy products, some with veggies, or a combination of both. While these are not vegan-friendly, the good news is, you can ask them to exclude the dairy products that they use on veggie salads or some of their appetizers. They also separate gluten-free and dairy-free sauces, although these are not on the menu.
Wild Wing Cafe is famous for its chicken wings. But for vegans like you, these are not an option. Don’t fret. We will provide you with a comprehensive list of what you can have at the restaurant without feeling guilty if you’re eating meat or with dairy products.
Who Is Wild Wing Cafe?
Founded by a couple in 1990, Wild Wing Cafe has 44 branches in nine different states best known for its finest chicken wings and beer selection. Some of its locations offer live music events. Other locations are franchised. It’s a great location for watching sports games.
Wild Wing Cafe offers starters, finger food, dips, chicken wings, burgers and sandwiches, family meals, wraps, soups and salads, nuggets and combos, pizza, desserts, among others. However, it doesn’t offer a special menu for vegans although you can request some of its offerings not to include anything that involves meat or dairy products. Great news, vegans!
Wild Wing Cafe Vegan Orders
With its world-famous chicken wings, Wild Wing Cafe can’t be considered a great option for vegans, but they have something for you. If you are gluten intolerant, or just making it a part of your diet, Wild Wing Cafe also labels which sauces are gluten-free and also dairy-free. They also have separate fryers to avoid cross-contamination.
Here are some of the vegan options that you can get at Wild Wing Cafe. You can have them at your request. Just ask.
- Veggie Quesadilla With No Cheese. It has a perfect combination of caramelized onions, tomatoes, black beans, poblano peppers, roasted peppers, and corn in a tasty, warm, and grilled flour tortilla. Its salsa and guacamole are definitely one for the books. Just ask them not to include the sour cream for this order as well as how the onions are being prepared, and you’re good to go.
- Flash Fried Green Beans. The servers at Wild Wing Cafe are friendly enough for you to request to make this vegan for you. Yes, at your request. It’s served with Southwest ranch, which you can ditch since its ingredients include sour cream and honey.
- Fried Green Tomatoes. Here’s their Southern classic that you can also ask to make vegan for you. It’s served with house-made ranch dressing that either you can completely ditch or get a vegan one.
- Basket of Spuds. You can choose from their Tater Tots, Big Fat Fries, House Chips, or Special Fries. These are mostly vegan, but pay attention to how they were prepared, including the kind of oil and how much is used. Ask for vegan dips or sauces too.
- Mighty Mozzarella Sticks. Mozzarella is naturally vegan, which you can also get from Wild Wing Cafe. It’s served with marinara, which is also vegan-friendly. Just don’t forget to ask them how things are prepared.
- Warm Tortilla Chips With Fresh Guacamole. These are tasty and well-prepared. And it’s vegan. Rejoice!
- Legendary House Salad. This is a garden salad that’s topped with bacon and cheese with a Texas toast. But you can ask them to exclude the bacon and cheese and go for a vegan-friendly dip or sauce.
- Spinach And Mushroom Pizza. With this, you will have to ask how the dough was prepared as well as the spinach dip if it includes sour cream and cream cheese in processing it.
- Kid’s Smiley Salad. Here’s a kid-friendly salad that’s also vegan. Ask for a vegan-friendly dip or sauce.
- Fried Dough. Here’s a tasty one that’s served with caramel and chocolate sauce. Since the dough is typically made from vegan-friendly ingredients, it’s safe. But you have to ask about their caramel and chocolate sauce preparation to be safe.
Know that most of these options above are not specially made for vegans. They are accidentally vegan with choices at your request. With today’s growing community of plant-based eaters, restaurants like Wild Wing Cafe have been offering modifications to suit those who are vegans. You only have to ask and they will modify it for you.
Vegan Chicken Wings Restaurants
Wild Wing Cafe is known for its finest chicken wings. These are not vegan-friendly, but if you’re looking for vegan ones, we checked some of the best restaurants that are PETA-approved.
Just like you, I understand how important it is to eat clean without the need for slaughtering animals. Although there are many restaurants nowadays that offer vegan options, including Wild Wing Cafe and Buffalo Wild Wings, it still feels great when dining at a restaurant where you don’t have to ask to make your food especially vegan for you.
So, there are some of the best vegan chicken wings restaurants in the United States that you can visit when your inner umami taste is tempting you to have one.
I-tal Garden – New Orleans, Louisiana
This eatery in NOLA is best known for its gluten-free Crispy Cauliwings dipped in chickpea batter, fried to crispy perfection, and slathered with vegan BBQ, Buffalo, Maple Sriracha, BBQ Sriracha, Maple Mustard, or Lemon Pepper seasoning.
Vegan International Co. – Tampa, Florida
This spot in Tampa offers the best vegan drumstick plate that definitely suits your umami taste cravings with a tasty sauce such as BBQ, Buffalo, or Sweet N’ Spicy. It’s also served with a side of homemade vegan ranch dips and tzatziki. But that doesn’t end there. They also offer vegan collard greens, candied yams, and Mac N Cheeze.
Boss ChicknBeer – Cleveland, Ohio
Vegan wings, you’re going to love this spot with their 2-pound order of vegan wings flavored with one of its signature Boss Sauces such as Seasonal Habanero or Jalapeño Buffalo. Warning, this is not for the faint of heart. It’s extra spicy and is perfect for courageous vegans.
If you like your wings to have some zest, get the Lemon Pepper BBQ or Citrus BBQ sauce. If you like it tastier but a little lighter spice, you can go for the Lemon Pepper Buffalo sauce, Rage Against the BBQ sauce, or Wu-Tang Glaze.
Big Mood – Buffalo, New York
Big Mood is Buffalo’s first-ever vegan restaurant where you can find the best wings. Their Signature Wings with Buffalo or BBQ sauce is definitely a dream come true.
The Wing Bar – Atlanta, Georgia
Rejoice, all wings enthusiasts! This spot in Atlanta offers one of the best notable vegan wings in the U.S. with a great selection of vegan sauces, including Sriracha, BBQ, Agave BBQ, Lemon Pepper, Sweet Chili, among others. It’s party time!
Refocused Vegan – Baltimore, Maryland
Refocused Vegan was started by the first Vegan Mac and Cheese Championship winner, offering mouth-watering vegan wings. You can choose whether you want your wings to be plain-fried or tossed in BBQ, Thai Chili Sauce, or Buffalo. It will surely satisfy your umami cravings!
The Green Owl Cafe – Madison, Wisconsin
Here’s another Wisconsin pride vegan spot where you can have fried veggie nuggets tossed in BBQ, Buffalo, Sweet Mustard, Diablo, or Dry Rub Seasoning. You have to check out their Diablo Wings. They’re heaven-sent.
Topknotch Vittles – Kansas City, Missouri
Topknotch Vittles is the go-to spot for vegans where you can find the best topnotch vegan wings with amazing 16 different flavors. You can choose from Bourbon, Buffalo, BBQ, Garlic Jalapeno, Garlic Parmesan, Sweet Chili, Teriyaki, Tequila Lime, Lemon Pepper, Korean, Sriracha, Garlic Rosemary, Chili Lime, Spicy BBQ, Jerk, and Original.
Double Wide Grill – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
A hot plate of vegan wings from Double Wide Grill would be a great starter for a meal whether it’s sweet, sour, or spicy. You can also choose from its sensational hot sauce, BBQ sauce, or vegan sweet chili. Choose what’s best for your taste!
Something Vegan – Los Angeles, California
Something Vegan is famous for its Dynamite Drumsticks, which definitely gives justice to its name. These are tossed with sweet chili and served with homemade ranch dipping sauce.
The Bottom Line
Wild Wing Cafe may not be a vegan restaurant, but they can modify the menu items and make them plant-based for you.
What’s important is eating in moderation, especially when you’re following the vegan diet. While Wild Wing Cafe doesn’t give you the ultimate vegan options, you can check those vegan restaurants in the US too. They have promising vegan chicken wings that will definitely get your umami cravings satisfied without feeling the guilt. Trust me, it’s worth the try!