Raise your hand if you can differentiate between vegetarian and vegan! It is, indeed, difficult to find the two separated at many places where you go to eat.
However, today, quite a helpful secret will be made known to you – the restaurant Lazy Dog distinctly differentiates between vegan and vegetarian dishes on their menu.
This difference will be a blessing in disguise for you like it is for all the other vegans. Lazy Dog has an allergen menu that offers you different vegetarian and vegan dishes.
Now you don’t have to keep questioning the restaurant about the vegan character of a particular item you crave.
That being said, you will now be introduced to all the vegan options at Lazy Dog that you will surely like!
What Is Lazy Dog?
First things first, you probably already know what Lazy Dog is. In case you don’t, here is your chance to know all about it! Lazy Dog is a vegan’s favorite place, and there is an excellent reason behind this.
Chris Simms owns Lazy Dog, and in his words, his restaurants offer casual dining with elevated comfort food. If you’re looking for handcrafted American food and beverages using seasonal ingredients, Lazy Dog is the place to be.
In an interview with the Chicago Tribune, Simms said he wanted to create a place for everyone to enjoy life like a lazy dog. Hence, Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar was born.
In a talk with TRA Marketplace, Simms stated that he founded Lazy Dog in 2003 when he recognized that baby boomers established most casual dining places that boomers flocked to.
Simms then launched Lazy Dog, a kid-friendly, dog-friendly, and scratch-cooking place to eat with the thought of changing this. Lazy Dog was ranked as one of the fastest-growing top ten chains in America by Nation’s Restaurant News in 2019.
Lazy Dog is a casual dining restaurant chain based in California. You needn’t worry if you’re not in California because Lazy Dog operates in Nevada, Colorado, Texas, Illinois, Virginia, and Georgia.
Not only does Lazy Dog give you an allergen menu that distinguishes between vegan and vegetarian, but it also gives your dog a menu of its own! Let’s now look at what you can eat at Lazy Dog to maintain veganism.
Vegan Items To Eat At Lazy Dog
Lazy Dog may not have a wide variety of vegan items. However, it still has many vegan options to choose from.
Lazy Dog offers food like burgers, salads, soups, and sandwiches. But no food item at Lazy Dog is suitable for vegans under these categories. You will find ingredients such as cheese in the vegetarian mixed green salad.
The biggest reason people love going to Lazy Dog as a vegan is that they can always ask the restaurant to adhere to the recipe of a vegetarian dish according to their dietary restrictions. Isn’t that amazing?
You can get a grilled-5 cheese sandwich, a BBQ veggie burger, or spaghetti squash and beetball, ensuring that all those vegan rules are maintained. All you have to do is ask the restaurant to do it for you.
Now, let’s check out all things that are 100% vegan at Lazy Dog!
When you look at Lazy Dog’s allergen menu, you will find five vegan-friendly sides – black beans, french fries, steamed brown rice, steamed white rice, and pickled cucumbers.
A great selection, isn’t it? Many people say that their favorite at Lazy Dog is French fries because it’s a quick go-to snack. Are you wondering why other sides, such as mashed potatoes or sauteed spinach, are not vegan?
Well, it’s because butter is used to prepare these sides. Fret not! If you cannot do away with your love for potatoes or spinach, you can always ask Lazy Dog staff not to use butter in your mashed potatoes while they prepare them for you.
As vegans, people look forward to enjoying their vegan bowls at Lazy Dog. Among the many other available preparations, the most suitable bowl for vegans at Lazy Dog is the one with the following ingredients:
- The sweet and spicy sauce
Tofu is an excellent addition to this bowl because it is an incredible source of protein. This bowl is a favorite for many because it is served with either brown or white rice.
The other bowls at Lazy Dog come with kung pao or teriyaki, making them suitable only for vegetarians.
Do you love vinaigrette dressing on your salad too? Most people cannot do away with their evergreen love for the vinaigrette. This is another reason vegans prefer going to Lazy Dog over any other restaurant in the city.
Lazy Dog has vegan dressings, including the balsamic vinaigrette, Asian vinaigrette, spicy Thai peanut vinaigrette, and red wine vinaigrette.
Removing certain ingredients from a vegetarian salad to make it vegan will leave you with a bland by-product of something you don’t want to eat. To avoid this, you should use one of the vegan dressings mentioned above to improve your eating taste.
Sauces And Dips
You will be surprised to know that Lazy Dog has dips such as salsa and guacamole for vegans. These dips are best enjoyed with bread. Do you want to be more surprised? Well, the walnut pesto at Lazy Dog is vegan!
If you want to explore more vegan options, Lazy Dog offers you tiki sauce, marinara sauce, tomatillo sauce, and sweet and spicy sauce. When at Lazy Dog, you should know that you will never have to sit through a bland meal as a vegan.
Lazy Dog ensures you have a healthy vegan meal when you set foot in their restaurant. Thus, they offer various fruits and vegetables to choose from. For snacks, you will find healthy options such as apples, watermelons, and carrots.
Vegan Dishes At Lazy Dog
If you’re reading this article, you are genuinely in luck. Most of the research has been done for you. There are sixteen items on the Lazy Dog menu that are entirely vegan.
Now that you know about Lazy Dog’s specific ingredients to make your meal vegan-friendly look at the available vegan dishes below. Read on to find out!
- You can order the famous veggie sandwich in the burgers and sandwiches category. You can substitute the bread with lettuce to make your meal mean more to you.
- In the friends + family meals section, you, as a vegan, will love the sweet and spicy tofu.
- Cajun fries from the happy hour are a must-try if you want to snack. You can order these fries without the chipotle ranch dipping sauce to make them vegan. The happy hour also offers vegan waffle-cut parmesan chips and loaded potato hush puppies.
- If you’re looking for a vegan salad, you can order the cobb, southern fried chicken, Thai chicken, Tex-Mex, seared ahi tuna, or the grilled chicken Caesar salads without any cheese or meat. You can substitute the jack and cheddar cheese with guacamole or fresh avocado to enjoy a wholesome vegan meal. The dressings you just read about above will make any of these salads worth devouring.
- When you go to Lazy Dog, you must try the brussels sprouts without croutons or butter. You can even order the Togarashi Edamame Beans without sauce. Many vegans say that their best pick out of all the three platters available is the hummus trio without a flatbread.
- Lazy Dog is a vegan’s go-to place because they even have the Boca vegan patties. These patties are great when eaten lettuce-wrapped. However, you will have to ask your server to remove the cheese from this combination to make your meal vegan.
- Lazy Dog also offers spaghetti and beetballs, an excellent example of vegan food. Vegans love that the spaghetti squash is roasted, tossed, and shredded with slow-cooked marinara sauce. The crispy beetballs on the top, walnut pesto, and zucchini ribbons add the perfect flavor to the dish.
Do you want to enjoy and make every vegan meal count? If you answered a resounding yes, Lazy Dog is the perfect place for you. People enjoy going to Lazy Dog for three simple reasons – veganism, taste, and variety.
Lazy Dog offers a plethora of combinations and options that you can choose from. Additionally, they also let you add and subtract ingredients to make your meal more vegan.
That is undoubtedly the biggest bonus for any vegan! So, go to Lazy Dog to try out the variety of meals waiting to be devoured. A place like the Lazy Dog will take great care of your vegan needs.
Don’t miss out on those divine delicacies which need to be added to your vegan lifestyle! So, what are you waiting for? Visit Lazy Dog as soon as you can!